Amp’d Up Podcasting
Get your time back, grow your listenership, and earn more money
Do you have a podcast but feel stuck?
Are you lacking the motivation to continue?
Creating and launching a podcast is big accomplishment that deserves a big kudos! But if you’ve been podcasting for more than a few months, you may feel burned out and are struggling with how to move forward.
Do any of these struggles sound familiar to you?
I feel so bogged down by my recording schedule. It takes up so much time that I’m starting to resent it.”
“I am almost out of ideas for what to talk about on the show. It feels like I’ve covered everything already.”
“Am I ever going to make money from this show? For how much time I spend on it, I have to see some return to make it worthwhile.”
“Getting new listeners is really hard. My downloads have been at a plateau for a long time. I don’t know how to grow.”
I’ve been there! I’ve created four different podcasts in the past ten years, and I know what it’s like to feel overwhelmed, in a rut, and ready to throw in the towel!
You need more than passion. You need a plan.
Why do podcasters burn out? Honestly, it’s because they didn’t have a plan in place to support the ongoing needs of their podcast.
Without a smart plan, podcasters risk wasting a lot of time, energy, and even dollars to keep their shows going. And many never enjoy a return on those investments.
That’s no fun, which is why it’s no surprise that many podcasters take breaks from making their shows or worse—kill them completely.
I know you don’t want that to be you. I believe in you and your passion for podcasting! However, passion isn’t enough to sustain and grow your podcast. And it certainly isn’t enough to make money from your podcast.
You need a proven plan to help you structure and streamline your podcast production, elevate the quality of your show, and incorporate ways to make money that are consistent with your brand and values.
That’s why I created Amp’d Up Podcasting—to help committed podcasters like you avoid burnout, discover smarter ways to work, and incorporate authentic monetization strategies to transform your promising podcast into an sustainable and profitable one!
Meet your course instructor
Hello, my name is Pat Flynn. I’ve hosted a lot of podcasts. Here’s how I can help you reach your potential as a podcaster.
I’d love to teach you my most successful podcasting strategies, techniques, and other secrets.
I’ve been podcasting since 2010, beginning with the Smart Passive Income Podcast, my flagship show that’s consistently ranked in iTunes as a top business podcast. I’ve also created four other podcasts, including the AskPat Podcast, All of Your Beeswax (which I create with my son), and the legacy shows: FoodTruckr Podcast and 1-Day Business Breakthrough (with my friend Chris Ducker).
I’ve published over 1,300 episodes across all of my podcasts, with more than 50 million downloads, and interviewed some amazing guests, including YouTuber Marques Brownlee (A.K.A. MKBHD), James Clear, Amy Porterfield, Chris Ducker, and Nicole Walters. In the past eight years, I’ve earned over $300k in sponsorship income from my podcasts.
I’m convinced: podcasting is one of the most valuable tools for growing a business. My podcast has helped me connect with and educate my listeners, launch products, and make the most of live, in-person events. More people find my business and stay connected to it because of my podcasts.
Throughout the course of creating, launching, and marketing these podcasts, I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t, how to grow a show, and which successes can and can’t be replicated. I’ve helped thousands of podcasters get up and running with the own podcasts through my free Podcasting Tutorial and my course Power-Up Podcasting®.
But I’ve heard from many of my students that they need to “amp up” their podcasts, but they don’t know how to go about doing that. They are wondering how to keep their podcast running without getting burned out. How can they develop a system that runs smoothly, hire a team they can trust, get more listeners, and make more money from their podcast?
If you’re wondering the same things, then my Amp’d Up Podcasting course is for you. I will give you everything you need to make your existing podcast the best it can be, and help you come up with a system so you can keep it going for the long haul.
Amp’d Up Podcasting can help you ramp up to greater rewards.
Imagine this: You’re in your home office. You’ve just recorded a batch of podcast episodes with some amazing guests. You have your podcasting calendar planned for the next six months, and you have a team that is helping you nail down the guest interviews.
You upload your podcast recordings into Dropbox, and then let your team know they are ready for production.
Done. You feel great!
Now, you turn your efforts to marketing this week’s podcast. Your team has created social images to share, you have copy already written for an email to your audience. You have your affiliate links set up on your website for this week’s episode.
Everything is going along like clockwork.
You have the systems and processes, and possibly even a team, in place to keep the “podcast machine” going, and to keep you stress-free.
You have time and energy to focus on dreaming up new episodes, and planning for the rest of the year, and working on other areas of your business.
Best of all, your audience is growing steadily, your income is increasing, and you’re feeling excited about the possibilities. Sounds great, right?
Amp’d Up Podcasting will give you the step-by-step instruction you need to make this vision a reality.
Sounds great, right? Even if you’re not ready to hire a team to help you out, I can give you tips, tools, and resources to help you put a system and schedule in place to help you thrive as a podcaster.
This course contains the goods that will up your podcasting game.
This course will help you create a system, process, and team that will help make your podcast sustainable over the long haul!
Amp’d Up Podcasting is the next step if you’ve already taken my Power-Up Podcasting course, or if you’re an experienced podcaster but feel like you’ve hit a wall.
By the end of this comprehensive, 18 video course, you’ll have:
- A “done-for-you” system that you can implement to take the production burden off of you.
- The knowledge to hire the right team or service to edit, export, schedule, and publish podcast episodes.
- A comprehensive plan for getting more listeners, involving multiple marketing strategies to help the right people find your show.
- A way to monetize your podcast in a manner authentic to your show and audience and increase your earnings.
Here’s what you’ll learn with Amp’d Up Podcasting.
Amp’d Up Podcasting is chock full of great information to help you avoid burnout and build a professional process for your podcast.
A is for Automate
You’ll learn the steps to Automate your podcast, including how to:
- Develop a content and launch calendar
- Schedule interviews and batch-process production
- Train your team
- Use an editing service
- What to do when you can’t yet hire a team
M is for Market
You’ll learn how to Market your show, including how to:
- Figure out why your show isn’t growing (and how to change that)
- Choose the right content to optimize marketing efforts
- Get people to share, talk and come back for more
- Get guest spots on other podcasts
- Develop a repurposing plan that works
- Optimize your website for your podcast
- Get the attention of main media for your podcast
- Shoot for top rankings
- Plan for the future
P is for Profit
You’ll learn how to increase your Profit, focusing on:
- The importance of mindset
- Methods for making money with a podcast (and my recommendation for where to start)
- Determining your first focus offer
- Incorporating affiliate marketing
- Building your podcasting funnel
- Creating an evergreen promotion plan
- How to start an advertising program
- Using Patreon for direct listener support
Want to know more? Explore the full list of lessons
Welcome to Amp’d Up Podcasting
- Welcome to Amp’d Up Podcasting!
- Student Community
- Office Hours
A: Let’s Automate
- Module 1 Overview
- Lesson 01: Your Content Calendar
- Lesson 02: Your Personal Production Schedule
- Lesson 03: Editing and Publishing Solutions
M: Marketing Levers
- Module 2 Overview
- Lesson 01: Podcasting Marketing Audit
- Lesson 02: Post-Publishing Protocol
- Lesson 03: Marketing Lever #1
- Lesson 04: Marketing Lever #2
- Lesson 05: Marketing Lever #3
- Module 3 Overview
- Lesson 01: Pro Affiliate Marketing for Podcasters
- Lesson 02: Back to Your Content Calendar
- Lesson 03: The #1 Way to Promote Your Own Product
- Lesson 04: Building Your Email List with Your Podcast
- Lesson 05: Building Your Podcast Funnel
- Lesson 06: One Final Note