Praise for the Second Edition
“A must-have book for anyone expecting to do research and/or applications in categorical data analysis.”
—Statistics in Medicine
“It is a total delight reading this book.”
“If you do any analysis of categorical data, this is an essential desktop reference.”
The use of statistical strategies for analyzing categorical knowledge has elevated dramatically, notably within the biomedical, social sciences, and monetary industries. Responding to new developments, this guide provides a complete remedy of crucial strategies for categorical knowledge evaluation.
Categorical Data Analysis, Third Edition summarizes the newest strategies for univariate and correlated multivariate categorical responses. Readers will discover a unified generalized linear fashions strategy that connects logistic regression and Poisson and unfavourable binomial loglinear fashions for discrete knowledge with regular regression for steady knowledge. This version additionally options:
- An emphasis on logistic and probit regression strategies for binary, ordinal, and nominal responses for impartial observations and for clustered knowledge with marginal fashions and random results fashions
- Two new chapters on various strategies for binary response knowledge, together with smoothing and regularization strategies, classification strategies comparable to linear discriminant evaluation and classification timber, and cluster evaluation
- New sections introducing the Bayesian strategy for strategies in that chapter
- More than 100 analyses of information units and over 600 workouts
- Notes on the finish of every chapter that present references to latest analysis and matters not lined within the textual content, linked to a bibliography of greater than 1,200 sources
- A supplementary web site displaying how you can use R and SAS; for all examples within the textual content, with info additionally about SPSS and Stata and with train options
Categorical Data Analysis, Third Edition is a useful software for statisticians and methodologists, comparable to biostatisticians and researchers within the social and behavioral sciences, drugs and public well being, advertising, training, finance, organic and agricultural sciences, and industrial high quality management.
ALAN AGRESTI is Distinguished Professor Emeritus within the Department of Statistics on the University of Florida. He has offered quick programs on categorical knowledge strategies in thirty nations. He is the writer of 5 different books, together with An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis, Second Edition and Analysis of Ordinal Categorical Data, Second Edition, each revealed by Wiley.