The first version of this textual content has bought over 19,600 copies. However, using statistical strategies for categorical information has elevated dramatically in recent times, significantly for purposes within the biomedical and social sciences. A second version of the introductory model of the ebook will go well with it properly. Wiley additionally revealed a second version of Categorical Data Analysis, which is a sophisticated, extra technical textual content, in 2003.
ALAN AGRESTI, PhD, is Distinguished Professor Emeritus within the Department of Statistics on the University of Florida. He has offered brief programs on categorical information strategies in thirty international locations. Dr. Agresti was named “Statistician of the Year” by the Chicago chapter of the American Statistical Association in 2003. He is the writer of two superior texts, together with the bestselling Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley) and can also be the coauthor of Statistics: The Art and Science of Learning from Data and Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences.
New To This Edition
- Second version of one of many best-selling books on categorical information evaluation, from one of the authoritative authors within the area.
- Features new chapters on marginal fashions, together with the generalized estimating equations (GEE) strategy and random results fashions.
- Already current materials, together with SAS and SPSS information units, is up to date to replicate technical advances because the publication of the primary version.
- Introductory materials on generalized linear fashions will now embody data on destructive binomial regression.
- Written on a comparatively low technical degree and doesn’t require familiarity with superior arithmetic corresponding to calculus or matrix algebra.